OPPORTUNITIES WITH MOBILIFY
We are always on the lookout for passionate, talented, enterprising leaders to join our team! To apply to any of the positions listed below, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you don’t see a position here that catches your eye, keep checking back or drop us a line!
Mobilify Southwestern Pennsylvania does not discriminate on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, national origin, ethnic background, familial status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Project & Policy Leader (Full-Time)
About the Position
The Project & Policy Leader furthers Mobilify’s mission through stakeholder facilitation and utilizing their policy assessment and project management skills to advance Mobilify’s initiatives. As a social entrepreneur, the Project & Policy Leader also seeks out opportunities for future initiatives and partnerships with like-minded individuals and organizations that are working towards a cleaner, more equitable transportation future. Key focus areas include transit funding and regionalization, mobility equity projects such as urban freeway removal and universal basic mobility, local and regional transit-oriented community policies and ordinance development, and decarbonizing transportation. The Leader reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with Mobilify staff. Tasks include:
- Educating regional, state, and national decision-makers – including elected officials – on issues Mobilify advances and is working on on behalf of stakeholders;
- Directly interacting with stakeholders during and in between meetings to advance projects and positions;
- Running and facilitating meetings and supporting meeting logistics;
- Drafting briefs, positions, and other materials in collaboration with Mobilify staff and collaborating organizations’ subject matter experts and leaders;
- Keeping current on relevant state-of-the-practice thinking and applying that learning to Mobilify’s initiatives;
- Identifying Mobilify-oriented mobility issues throughout southwestern PA, evaluate for fitness with Mobilify’s objectives and help create programming as appropriate;
- Bringing unique personal experiences and perspectives to inject innovation into our initiatives;
- Working with Mobilify’s Communications and Engagement Lead to ensure that initiatives are represented properly online and through media channels, and that all key stakeholders are aware and involved;
- Representing Mobilify at public professional and community events;
- Documenting program activities for reporting and evaluation.
Relevant Skills and Experiences
- Candidates with a master’s degree in public policy, public affairs, public administration, political science strongly preferred and prioritized. A Bachelors in said majors plus 3-5 years experience in similar/related occupations/fields will be considered;
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and to take risks in order to make change;
- Excellent oral, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Working knowledge of transportation systems’ and policies’ community impacts preferred;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects;
- Ability to set strategy and establish metrics of success to complete assigned projects;
- Ability to identify, acquire, and synthesize information relevant to Mobilify’s issues, share with others in accessible language, and use to advance our initiatives;
- Understanding of and compassion for marginalized communities, their challenges, and their efforts to revitalize their neighborhoods;
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders of differing socioeconomic and political status, diverse backgrounds and cultures, and sometimes divergent priorities;
- Ability to organize, participate in, and/or facilitate meetings, sometimes outside normal business hours;
- A high degree of technological and interpersonal telework proficiency strongly preferred;
- Microsoft Office/365 proficiency required;
- Proficiency with GIS, Stata, R, and similar analysis tools strongly preferred;
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, and doing the ongoing personal work to bring about a more just society is required;
- Residency within the Pittsburgh area is required;
- Car ownership is not required but ability to attend in-person meetings and tend to other workday and evening obligations effectively is required;
- Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: $68,000 – $71,000/yr
- A monthly, reimbursed healthcare stipend of up to $350 is available.
- Maternity/paternity leave is also available for full-time employees.
- Transit and bikeshare stipends are available for employees upon discussion with the Executive Director.
- If necessary, a broadband stipend can be provided upon discussion with the Executive Director.
- Occasional evening and weekend meeting attendance and out-of-region travel will be required.
- Mobilify acknowledges all major federal holidays. Major religious holidays observed by staff may be eligible for paid time off upon discussion with the Executive Director.
Policy Intern 2023/2024
About the Position
Working alongside the Executive Director, Mobilify’s Policy Intern has the chance to shape how Mobilify impacts transportation accessibility, equity, and resiliency throughout the Pittsburgh region. The position is designed to provide an integrated, educational, robust experience for qualified candidates interested in community and government affairs and policy careers in transportation, infrastructure, and community development. Participants will gain a breadth and depth of experience by participating in key projects and program delivery and crafting policy materials to support these efforts. The successful intern will provide policy assessment and research capacity to Mobilify’s burgeoning initiatives in transportation decarbonization, urban highway removal, creating multimodal corridors, and deploying new mobility technology in transit deserts. Specific tasks include:
• Conducting research and preparing materials.
• Drafting briefs, positions, and other materials in collaboration with the Executive Director and collaborating organizations’ subject matter experts and leaders.
• Participating in internal meetings and attending external policy meetings to advance projects and positions.
• Bringing unique experiences and perspectives to inject innovation into our initiatives.
• Participating in as many public policy and government affairs activities and meetings as possible to see processes in action;
• Reporting work progress and challenges regularly to the Executive Director.
This role will involve substantial interaction with key local, regional, and state officials and community and nonprofit leaders.
Relevant Skills and Experiences
• Ability to set strategy and establish metrics of success to complete assigned projects;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Enrollment in a public policy/public administration, economic development, political science, or social work master’s program;
• Ability to determine data needs, sources, and acquire and manipulate said data;
• Working knowledge of multi-modal transportation and its community benefits a plus but not mandatory;
• Understanding of and compassion for marginalized communities and their efforts to revitalize their neighborhoods;
• Ability to work effectively with different audiences including community groups, public agency officials, non-profit organizations, and academic institutions;
• Ability to regularly check in with Mobilify staff and ask for assistance when necessary;
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
• Microsoft Office/365 proficiency required;
• GIS and database management proficiencies a plus;
• Fall and spring semester availability preferred;
• Ability to organize and/or participate in meetings outside normal business hours;
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
• Strong self-motivation and ability to effectively work remotely;
• Strong organizational skills;
• FCWS eligibility a plus but not necessary.
• The position shall start no later than September 30, 2023.
• Successful candidates shall be paid $16.50/hr., not to exceed 30 hrs./wk.
• Mobilify recognizes all major federal holidays and acknowledges major religious holidays observed by its staff and will discuss time off with the employee.
• Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
• Successful candidate may conduct work remotely but must be available for online and in-person meetings and discussions during US Eastern Standard/Daylight Time business hours.
• If necessary, a transportation stipend may be provided after review with Mobilify staff.
• If necessary, a technology stipend may be provided after review with Mobilify staff.